MOTOROLA MG7540 AC1600
MOTOROLA MG7540 AC1600 Review
A sort of electrical networking equipment known as a modem transfers data from the ISP to your device very quickly through a coax cable. In terms of service, MOTOROLA MG7540 AC1600 provide a little bit more than a wifi router. You should be informed, though, that some modems on the market come with a built-in wireless router.
Nowadays manufacturers are producing modems that have a built in router with it. This step has been taken just to reduce the hassle for the customers. And if you are confused about the differences of modems and routers, then we are here for you.
Modems are basically the primary supplier of the internet. MOTOROLA MG7540 AC1600 is connected to your ISP and it gets the internet from the ISP. The router on the other hand, is nothing but the distributor of the internet that the modem delivers.
As we were talking about the modern day modems, the aforementioned one is considered as one of the best modems in the market. Where most of the modems use 802.11 a wireless type, this has a variety of 802.11 a/b/g/n.
Moreover, the modem is using dual band system and the router is 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with 373 Mbps data transmission speed. One of the best features of this one is that the manufacturers have used a Broadcom chipset to eliminate any sort of service attack on both the modem and router. This makes the experience more secure and advanced.
Unlike many others, this one has compatibility with most of the internet providers in the USA. This list includes Comcast, Xfinity, Xfinity X1, WOW, Spectrum, Mediacom, Cableone and many more. So, there is no reason to be anxious.
Where most of the modems are using the DOCSIS 3.1, this one is using the previous version of DOCSIS 3.1. It is because, in many of the modems with DOCSIS 3.1, it has been tested that the 3.1s struggle with the speed as days pass. But for DOCSIS 3.0. it is consistency that makes it a veteran of these things.
The modem is compatible with all possible electronic devices including a smart tv, smartphone, laptop and gaming consoles like Nintendo, Xbox 360, Playstation and more. Also, if you have any confusion about the simultaneous broadcasting of this modem, we want to tell you that the manufacturer has assured you that you can use 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz at the same time for broadcasting purposes!
You get all these in less than 120 dollars! So we do not see any reason behind your delayed action. We suggest you to grab one now before the stock runs out!
Now, after purchasing the modem, you might be asking how to set it up. We didn’t really leave, did we? Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to set up the modem.
- Before anything else, you should determine whether or not your home’s main line is functioning properly. This is due to the fact that your home’s main line or main power supply will serve as its major electrical source. You can end up breaking your modem if there is an issue.
- When it’s finished, you should attach a socket or other spot on the wall where your modem will receive the service. It is important that you choose walls, not floors or any horizontal surface.
- Once the main source of electricity has been established, you must then choose a location for your modem that is adequate.
- People typically place it right next to their PC in the hopes of getting speedier data transfer. We claim otherwise. You must position your modem so that it will provide equal service from all directions.
- You may achieve it by picking the areas of your apartment’s main room with medium-high walls.
- Connect the fiber-optic cable to the modem before putting in the wires. You must first install a landline in order to use a DSL modem. Because the normal ones do not support the DSL ones.
- Put the cable into the square-shaped port on the bottom left or right of the modem, which is where all the ports are located.
- Modems are powered by AC adapters. You may get this adapter from any nearby electronics retailer. The adapter must be connected to your home’s main line, and the modem must accept the adapter port.
- There is a port that is round in shape and has a tiny interior. That is it, indeed! Please do not confuse it with the ports!
- You may try it out when you’ve successfully implemented all the components. Switch off the modem and turn on the main line.
- We advise you to check everything again, particularly the electricity cables. Because you can simply wind up losing some good money if there is too much energy that the modem’s fuse cannot manage.
- If everything is in order, watch for the modem’s red indicator to become green. It is the indicator that you are perfectly receiving the data. Meaning that you are having internet service.
- Then, using the IP address that your internet service provider has given you, you may easily adjust it to your preferences by visiting MOTOROLA MG7540 AC1600 website.
How can I Update this modem?
These modems provide a website and all you need is to login into your account as admin and then go to the corresponding website that the manufacturer has offered you with. Then download the firmware upgrade and then install it.
Another way can be the app that your ISP has given you. Simply download the app and then install it. Also, there are other modems with high quality operating systems. These modems do not require a manual update done by the user. Rather, the OS automatically downloads and installs the upgrade if there is any need for it.
When should I change my cable?
As the manufacturers say and the as the user’s experience suggests, a coax cable should last at least 4/5 years without any repair or exchange. However, if your cable somehow gets damaged, you need to replace it.
Also, while buying cables, you need to look for the best ones. There are cables that do not serve the way it is described in the pack of it. So, be careful!
How can I reset it?
There are two ways to reset your modem. The first one is that you can log in to the website of your modem and then click on the ‘reset’ button.
The other one is by pushing the black button that is at the back of your modem just beside the AC adapter port. Just press and hold it for like 5 seconds, bingo!
Why I am not getting any internet?
It is a common scenario that the user is connected to the router but it shows ‘no internet access’. That means you are not receiving, nor giving any data. There can be two reasons. Either your ISP is not giving you the data, or your router is not delivering the data even when you are connected to it. Or even, your ISP has stopped providing your data for some reason!