Motorola MG7700 Modem Review
Modems are a type of device that are used to provide internet for a specific area. Modems are of greater ground than that routers. Motorola MG7700 Modem is one of the best choices. You might me wondering the differences between modems and routers.
Well, we are here to make it clear for you. Modems are the ones that are used in a local area such as a small colony, a full apartment or building or even a certain zone. Whereas the routers are used in much smaller spaces such as a singular apartment, or floor or even for a room.
The key difference between modems and routers is that modems do not spread internet, rather these provide the internet and work as the source. On the other hand, routers have no ability to be the source of internet. These devices only help to spread the internet among the users.
This Motorola MG7700 Modem is one of a kind. You will be glad to know that this modem has a special feature. That is, it can add power boost. Meaning that the modem has the ability to add extra boost to the signals and this ensures additional signal strength to get more speed in data transmission.
Motorola MG7700 Modem Review is to be mentioned that this one is not using the DOCSIS 3.1 cable. However, the DOCSIS 3.0 is well enough for you to provide enough speed as there is a speed boost. And for your convenience, it can serve up to 2800 square feet apartments, and that it huge!
Following the acquisition of one of these, you may be tapping your fingers on the desk wondering how to set everything up. Well, as your well-wishers, we come before you once more. The next section is exclusively for you and will provide a thorough, simple-to-follow guide on how to install the modem at your home.
- Before anything else, you should inspect your home’s main electrical line. The reason for this is that you still have the option to cancel the installment if you notice any kind of problem.
- You can move on to the following phase if everything is understood.
- Choosing the location of the modem is one of the most frequent problems that consumers have. The general consensus is that more data will be provided if the modem is closer to the device. But this idea is not at all incorrect, and we simply cannot deny this fact.
- For this reason, we advise choosing the center of your home from which you may distribute data equally.
- You must next mount the modem to the wall after doing this. Simply screw it on after drilling holes in the wall as needed. Instead of injecting, it is more like hanging. And you should also keep in mind that the nails should not touch the modem as it might damage the modem.
- After that, you must install the wires. This, in our opinion, is the most important section.
- Pull the coax cable first, then insert it into the modem’s socket to complete the cable installation. Either the left or right side of the modem will have these.
- Next, insert the adapter into the socket you created or perhaps already own. Look for the spherical point with a needle like thing inside that is slightly projecting on the interior to locate the modem adapter socket.
- Turn on the main switch after inserting the adapter. You should consider that the adapter is delivering energy if you can see a green light inside of it.
- Next, toggle the modem’s switch to “ON.” There should be a static or flickering green light. If it does, you are in good shape.
- Once you are finished, just log onto the modem’s website to personalize your modem.
How to reset?
Resetting a Motorola MG7700 Modem is one of those tasks which you have to do for the sake of the modem. A user resets a modem either when he or she has forgotten the password or there have been some maintenance issues. To reset your modem, you can opt for two ways.
The first one is simply find the reset button. It is generally at the back of the modem and black in color. You have to press and hold it for about 5 to 7 seconds then your modem will be reset. The initial password is always written on the back of the modem.
The other way is by doing it form the website. You have to log in to the website, click on the parental control button and the click on the backup and reset button. Simply tap on it, and you are good to go.
Why there is a red light?
There are two types of signaling lights in the modem, one being red and the other being green. These two lights have different meanings. The green light is the indication that you are having the internet supply perfectly.
The red light on the other hand is an indication that your modem is not having an internet supply, the line has been broken, or there is something wrong with the line. So, if your modem is showing a red light that means you are having some problems.
How to update?
Updating your modem is one of the most important tasks to be done by a user. A modem needs several updates to keep it faster, smoother and better.
To update a modem, you can log in to the website of the modem and then do it by downloading the update. Or, you can leave it on the operating system if you have any and let it done automatically.
How far the modem can serve?
Generally, a local modem can serve you up to 2500 square feet of space. These modems are usually used in apartments and other small areas.
But if you are thinking about bigger area, then we must say that the modems with higher powers can serve up to 15 kilometers!
How can I get more speed?
Well, this is a very tricky question that has no specific answer. Yes, there are countless modems that give you more speed. But the main thing relies on the internet that your ISP is providing you.
If your ISP is not giving you proper bandwidth, we are afraid to say that even the best modems will be for no work as bandwidths are the primary path of having greater speed.
Relevant Brand Modem