This age is the age of modems and routers. The manufacturers are so smart these days that they are producing modems with built-in routers so that they can eliminate the extra hassle the users. Just like NETGEAR Nighthawk C7000.
Before moving on, we hope that you know the differences between a modem and a router. Nowadays, there is no separate modem and router to buy and install. Rather, you buy a single unit with all the facilities in it.
The aforementioned product is such a thing that comes to you with all the premium features. One of the best part of this NETGEAR Nighthawk C7000 modem is that you get different rate of speed in term of the change of the internet service provider. For example, you will get around 850 Mbps in Xfinity, 400 Mbps in Spectrum and 500 Mbps in Cox.
This super-fast modem router combo can serve you up to 1900 square feet. NETGEAR Nighthawk C7000 has been tested and the initial internet speed is around 1900 Mbps in this range. Also, you can connect about 30+ devices within this range and no one will face the buffering issues!
There are 4 Ethernet ports for maximum connectivity and availability. Also, you will get 2 more USB ports. This will make sure that other devices like laptops, mobile phones, printers, gaming consoles or whatever it may be, does not remain disconnected!
The manufacturer has used the very prominent and powerful DOCSIS 3.1 technology which has the firmest channel bonding of 32*8. This DOCSIS version is a few steps ahead of the DOCSIS 3.0. So, you get the best of your modem and router indeed!
NETGEAR Nighthawk C7000 is to be mentioned that this modem is dual band. Also, the wireless type is 802.11 AC which is the most prominent and most used wireless version in the market now.
You get all these and more for just $207! Also, the most important fact is that you will save $167 if you buy this modem as you won’t have to buy anything else but only this! So, without further ado, go to your nearest shop and buy one of these right away. The stock is limited!
- To determine if NETGEAR Nighthawk C7000 is acceptable or not, you must first check your home’s main line. This is due to the fact that your home’s main line or main power supply will serve as its major electrical source. You can wind up breaking your modem if there is an issue.
- Once it is completed, you must install a socket or point on the wall from where your modem will receive service.
- Once the main source of electricity has been verified, you must choose a location for your modem that is sufficient.
- Oftentimes, people place it right next to their PC, anticipating that this will facilitate better data transmission. We suggest otherwise. You must position your modem so that it will provide equal service from all directions.
- You may achieve it by picking the areas of your apartment’s main room with medium-high walls.
- Place the fiber-optic cable in the modem before installing the wires. You must first install a landline in order to use a DSL modem. Because DSL modems are different from regular modems.
- Connect the cable to the block-shaped port on the bottom left or right of the modem, where all the ports are usually located. However, in some modems, these are located on the side
- Generally, AC adapters are used by the modems. You may get this adaptor from any nearby electronics retailer. The adapter must be connected to your home’s main line, and the modem must accept the adapter port.
- There is a round shaped port with a pin protruding from the inside of it. That is where the AC adapter should be placed.
- You may try it out when you’ve properly configured all the components. Switch off the modem and turn on the main line.
- We advise you to examine everything again, particularly the electricity cables. Because you can simply wind up losing some good money if there is too much energy that the modem’s fuse cannot manage.
- If everything is in order, watch for the modem’s red indicator to become green. Then, using the IP address your Internet Service Provider has given you, you may easily adjust it to your preferences by visiting the modem’s website.
- Then, you are good to go!
How can I customize it?
Customizing a modem means that you will have the access to the control of the modem from afar as a parent. You can do this in two ways. The first one is that you can simply log in to the related website of the modem and then do it.
The other one is that you can use app or use an operating system to control the whole machine. We suggest you to use an operating system as they automatically download and install the updates!
How can I fix the cables?
Generally, the cables of the modems are very durable and these cables do not get dismantled often. You can easily use these cables for up to 6 years without any hassle. However, if any sort of accident takes place and your cable gets damaged, we suggest you to change it than fixing it.
Why I am having a red light?
There are two lights in a modem, red and green. The green light shows that you are having the internet supply or data supply from your ISP.
The red light shows that either your line is broken or you are not having any internet or data service from your ISP. You have to wait till it turns green. If not, then you have to contact with your ISP and resolve the problem right away.
Where should I set it?
It is common thought that if you put the modem right next to your computer, you will get the best service. It is right in a way that if you are a single user, then it is the best way.
But if you are living in a family, we suggest you to set it at the center of the house to that everyone gets the equal service. This equal service will be more reliable and you won’t face any conflicting issues.
Same Brand modem