Modems and routers are two separate electronic devices that are used to serve and spread data among the connected devices. But since the era has evolved so much, nanotechnology has created something different.
Nowadays, manufacturers build devices that have both a modem and a built-in router within it. If it sounds confusing to you, we suggest you know more about the differences between the router and modem.
A modem is a device that collects data from internet service providers. And the routers only spread the data among the users. The product that we are going to talk about briefly is one of the best products that has ever been made.
ARRIS Surfboard SB6190 has a 5 and 2.4 Ghz wireless frequency that is very durable and efficient. The overall mesh system is AC3800 and it is a 800 Mbps modem router combo that will serve you up to 6 years!
The manufacturers have used the DOCSIS 3.0 system to increase durability and steady service. Also, one of the best part of this device is that ARRIS Surfboard SB6190 has a tri-band frequency system.
That means, when other brands are using the dual-band system, this one is using 2.4/5/5 Ghz (high) tri-banding system to increase the speed more than it is written on it! That means, you will get more than you pay for!
ARRIS Surfboard SB6190 mesh allows you to play streams at 4K UHD quality without any buffering issues. Also, this one is compatible with all the major internet service providers around the US. This list includes Xfinity, COX, Spectrum and many more.
You will get maximum coverage of 5500+ square feet! We can assure you that there are not many devices in the world which can serve you up to this range within this price.
In term of setup and management, ARRIS Surfboard SB6190 is beyond easy to operate and maintain. All you have to do is follow the instruction manual and then you are good to go.
This one also have an application system that allows you to have advance features like QoS, guest mode, IFTTT, device pairing, parental control, LoT and many more. The guest mode allows your guests to use your data by the overlapping system. That means, your speed and the guest’s speed will never clash!
The device pairing allows newer devices to pair easily simply by clicking on the pair button. You require no password, OTP or anything. So, there is no reason that you should wait as the stocks are limited for this unreal product. Go and grab one now!
After purchasing ARRIS Surfboard SB6190, you might be asking how to set it up. We didn’t really leave, did we?
Here is a step-by-step explanation of how to set up the modem:
- Before anything else, you should determine whether or not your apartment’s main line is functioning properly. This is due to the fact that your apartment’s main line or main power supply will serve as its major electrical source. You can wind up breaking your modem if there is an issue.
- When it’s finished, you should mount a socket or other spot on the wall where your modem will receive the service.
- Once the main source of electricity has been established, you must then choose a location for your modem that is adequate.
- People typically place it right next to their PC in the hopes of getting better data transfer. We claim otherwise. You must position your modem so that it will provide equal service from all directions.
- You may achieve it by picking the areas of your apartment’s main room with medium-high walls.
- Connect the fiber-optic cable to the modem before putting in the wires. You must first install a landline in order to use a DSL modem. Because DSL modems need a specific medium to transfer data. And the landline cables are ideal for it.
- Put the cable into the square-shaped port on the bottom left or right of the modem, which is where all the ports are located.
- Modems are powered by AC adapters. You may get this adaptor from any nearby electronics retailer. The adapter must be connected to your apartment’s main line, and the modem must accept the adapter port. You must not buy a random one even if it fits. It might cause serious damage to your modem.
- You may try it out when you’ve successfully installed all the components. Switch off the modem and turn on the main line.
- We advise you to recheck everything, particularly the electricity cables. Because you can simply wind up losing some good money if there is too much electricity that the modem’s fuse cannot manage. You should be very careful about these things.
- If everything is in order, watch for the modem’s red indicator to become green. Then, using the IP address that your ISP has given you, you may easily adjust it to your preferences by visiting the modem’s website.
How can I upgrade my modem?
Upgrading modem is one of the most important yet easy tasks. In order to upgrade your modem, you can chose two ways. One, you can upgrade it manually by download the firmware upgrade from the corresponding website.
Two, you can upgrade it by the help of the operating system of your modem as they automatically detects upgrades and download them.
How long my modem will serve?
It is a very common question among the users. Generally, if you have a well maintained modem, you can get the service from it for up to 6 years! The thing is, there are not many brands in the market which will serve you like this. So, you have to be careful about that.
Do I need to change my cables?
You need to change your cables only when they are out of service. These coax cables are so durable that you won’t have to worry about them for years.
However, if there is any sort of malfunction going on, you just need to change them!
What is the range?
Generally, ARRIS Surfboard SB6190 modems serve up to 2700-3000 square feet. But if you have bigger modems, you can have a good speed in up to 4000 square feet! It all depends on the product.